Friday, December 23, 2011

Thoughtful People

The month is almost over and then I can say that I got through my first Christmas without Bella. I never thought that I would have made it to this point, but here I am. I have met many people throughout these last months that have become very special to me. There is a man who I met in my child loss group who lost his teenage son 9 years ago. He walks near my school every morning because he lives in the area. He stopped by my school Thursday morning to tell me that he was thinking of Frank and I and knew how hard this weekend was going to be. I was thouched that through his own greif he thought of us enough to let us know that we were in his thoughts. As I have said before, parents who have lost a child are all part of a club that we never wanted to join. I am yet to meet a bereaved parent who is not willing to help out another parent in need.


I have to say that I have been honoured the last few days by the donation tributes that have been coming in through the mail. My sister and her family as well as cousins and their families have made donations to a Canadian Dr. who does research and testing for Strep A and other Infectious diseases. I know that Isabella is so proud and honoured that people are helping while honouring her at the same time. My aunt and cousin bought clothes that would fit a two year old girl and are donating them to a charity. This is the first year that I can actually say that I understand the true meaning of Christmas and it looks like I am not the only one.

I always worry that people are going to forget about Isabella and how special she was. Instead my family has shown me that she is now and will always be at the centre of their hearts. If my family is reading this, I want them to know that I am truly grateful for them, their support and their generosity.

Best wishes for everyone, no matter what you celebrate. I am thankful for your kind words, support and that you take the time to read about my jourey through loss.

God Bless

5 comments:

Lucy said...

We will never forget Isabella, her beautiful eyes, precious curls or the way she made each person feel so special. It doesn't matter how many years have passed, she will always be close to us in our hearts and minds.
Please don't worry yourself for a second that she will be forgotten. Those who knew her loved her deeply and it would be impossible to forget how that feels. In fact many people that didn't have the pleasure to ever meet Isabella love her too, and that is truly remarkable.

Nadia said...

Once we meet others in our "club" there is a bond and we lean on eachother whenever we need to. We have been forced to join and somehow find the strength to face what used to be happy times. My heart goes out to you and your family. I wish we had not met under these circumstances but remember that I am there for you in any way I can be......our children will never be forgotten. They will always be as precious as when we were able to hold and hug them.

Angie said...

There is never a day that Isabella is not thought of. Her smile, her kisses and hugs, her ever so cute vocabulary. She is undeniably unforgettable.

The joy and love that she brought this family will be with us forever. She has filled our hearts with her love and you have to believe me when I tell you that OUR LITTLE BELLA WILL NEVER, EVER BE FORGOTTEN.

With all my love,

Angie. xoxo

michelle said...

That is wonderful that your family does these precious things to honour Isabella. I am thinking of her today. xo

Gina said...

Marisa,
You are so blessed and honoured with such an amazing family and I know this first hand. Their generosity and compassion is a pillar for you and Frank. Bella has touched many, many lives and during this Holy season this is reaffirmed in the many wonderful people that surround you. A life is never forgotten, especially a child precious as your Bella.
Gxoxoxo