Thursday, March 22, 2012

Some people....

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
Some people move our souls to dance.

They awaken us to new understanding
with the passing of thier wisdom.

Some people make the sky
more beautiful to gaze upon.

They stay in our lives for a while
Leave footprints on our hearts.

And we are never, ever the same. 

(Author is unknown)

I found this poem online and wanted to share it.  The poem describles exactly how I feel about Bella.  The ending of the poem says it all.

And we are never, ever the same.

8 comments:

BellaSteph said...

It is beautiful! Thank you for sharing. Exactly how I feel about Gavin too. xo

Christine Cosentino said...

I think it encapsulates Bella perfectly :)

Hugs,
Chris

michelle said...

It's a perfect description of how we feel. Thanks for sharing.xo

Megan said...

What a beautiful poem. It perfectly describes how I felt after the death of my nephew, just before his third birthday. It took me a long time to fully believe these words, because I really just felt robbed of the joy of him for so long, but it is very true. I'm amazed that you are finding this sort of grace in the loss of your daughter, and I'm glad these words bring some small bit of peace to you in such a difficult time.

Nadia said...

Oh and how true that is, how we will never be the same. That is a beautiful poem.

marisa said...

I hope that you all found a little comfort in the words of the poem. Our children have changed our lives and the world forever.

Megan, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your nephew. It is hard to say goodbye to someone who brings us so much joy and leaves the earth to soon.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Lucy said...

Bella has not only changed the lives of her family and friends forever, she has influenced so many people that never had the pleasure of meeting her. She is always in our minds and hearts.

Angie said...

Marisa,

Just thinking of you and wanted to send my love your way.

Angie

xoxoxoxo