Saturday, March 10, 2012

1 Year

Today marks one year since Isabella's passing.  I thought that since I have never written about the day Bella passed, I would do so today.  As I tried to put that day into words I had to stop myself.  That day was to painful to even write about.  I don't think that I am ready to relive that day even if it is through my writing.

I woke up this morning not knowing what today would bring and I have to say that I made it through.  Early afternoon Frank and I went to the cemetery to visit Bella and later in the day we had a 1 year mass for Isabella at my church.  I was so amazed at the amount of people that came out to support us and to pray for Bella.  It is humbling to know that there are so many people that care about us and love and miss Bella.  I want to take this opportunity to thank all of those people who where there for us not only today but through the whole year.  You all have a special place in my heart.

Isabella, I miss you each minute of each and every day.  I love you more then I knew was humanly possible.  I am so blessed to be your mother and to have had all of the moments that we shared together.  Thank you for loving me and for showing me the meaning of true unconditional love.  With each day that passes we are a day closer to us being together.  I love you always Monkey.

Love,
The worlds proudest Mommy

8 comments:

michelle said...

I am glad for the support you received today to honour her memmory. Such a beautiful and endearing precious girl. Love to you Isabella xo

Ashley said...

So sorry. Glad that you made it through that day a stronger person. Thinking of you ((Hugs))

Josie said...

Dear Marisa,
I thought of you and your family all day yesterday. I had a mass dedicated in honour of your beautiful Isabella. It was said at St. Patrick's church at the 5:00pm Saturday evening service. All my prayers went out to you and your family on this very hard and emotional first anniversary.
Sending you many blessings,
Josie (Lucy's friend from St. Julia)

Susan said...

I came by to leave you a hug, and to remember sweet Bella.

I'm afraid I couldn't read your post - our stories are too close, I know. Sending you much love on this difficult day x

BellaSteph said...

I am so glad so many people came out to show their love for you,your husband and your sweet, beautiful Bella. I want to give you a huge hug and tell you I am thinking of you all. xo

marisa said...

Thank you all for your kind thoughts are words. I am so blessed to know such amazing and supportive people. Susan, I know our stories are so similar, yet still so trajic at the same time.

Josie, My sister Lucy speaks of your kindness so often. She tells me how our family is always in your thoughts and I am so thankful to you for that. Thank you so much for having a mass dedicted in Bella's name. You truly are a special person and I am so happy that my sister has a freind like you.

One year down, many more to go.

Susan said...

Just popped by to say I'm still thinking you and sweet Bella. I found the days after the anniversary hard - I kept thinking, this is the day we picked the burial plot... this is the day of the funeral. I found that especially hard. If you're feeling like this, it does ease quite quickly.

I'm so sorry we've been through this. It is a little less terrible for being together, but it is still horribly, horribly hard.

Bella is such a beautiful girl x Like Catherine, missed and loved every day x

Lucy said...

Sis,
Always here to love and support you and Frank.
We miss Bella so much, but always know she is loved more and more each day. We will always honor her, not only on the anniversaries, but every single day.